Bark Butter Bird Feed – Peanut Butter Blend for Wild Birds
Makes: 1 Dough Loaf Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Lard
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Cups Cornmeal
- 1 – 2 Cups of Mixed Shelled Birdseed (optional)
- Add all ingredients in large bowl. Blend together with a spoon or
knead it in the bowl with your hands until the dry ingredients are
completely blended into a dough.
- Store in an airtight container. These are all shelf stable ingredients.
- Use in suet type bird feeders. This may be spread in plug type
feeders or shaped into balls or logs to use in cage type feeders.
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar – NOT ORGANIC
- Add sugar to boiling water. Allow to cool before filling feeder.
- Unused nectar can be stored in the refrigerator for 10 days.
- Replace nectar every 2 or 3 days during hot weather.
- Replace weekly during winter months.
Yes! Ruby Throated Hummingbirds are here during the winter months.