Join a SIB Committee
We are a growing organization and need more volunteers to assist us! Please consider joining one of our committees described below and fill out the form! You’ll hear from us within a few days – it’s that easy!
- Activities Committee: Plan & coordinate workshops, bird walks and bird count activities for members.
- Bluebird Box Monitoring: Monitor Bluebird Houses located throughout Seabrook Island for one of three 6-week periods between March and August.
- Communications Committee: Write stories to be used in SIB Blogs, Tidelines and The Seabrooker. Update Facebook posts and Twitter.
- Habitat: Work with a group of SIB members who are concerned about the well-being of the bird habitat on Seabrook Island.
- Hospitality Committee: Set up chairs and tables prior to meeting, register members and guests, provide and set up refreshments and clean up after each of the SIB events.
- Membership Committee: Recruit and retain members.
- Program Committee: Plan & coordinate SIB Quarterly Programs for membership.
Volunteer to Band Marsh Sparrows
Aaron Given is looking for some intrepid volunteers that would like to help with his marsh sparrow banding research project this winter on Kiawah Island in South Carolina. The target species are Seaside, Nelson’s, and Saltmarsh Sparrows. This work involves being in the saltmarsh at high tide and flushing sparrows into nets. It can be quite strenuous exercise but is also a lot of fun too! Participants need to be in good health and prepared to get wet and muddy. Rubber knee boots or hip waders are sufficient for most sites.
If you are interested to assist in banding these birds, click here to learn more!