Join a SIB Committee
We are a growing organization with more than 300 members and we need more volunteers to assist us! Please consider joining one of our committees described below. The committees shown with an asterisk ( * ) indicate they can be done remote from Seabrook Island. So even if you are only in the area for part of the year, you can still assist us in many areas!
Just fill out the form below and you’ll hear from us within a few days – it’s that easy!
- Activities *: Plan & coordinate workshops, bird walks, movie matinees and bird count activities for members. Committee meets via Zoom for no more than 1.5 hours about every other month.
- Bluebird Monitoring: Monitor Bluebird Houses located throughout Seabrook Island for one of three 6-week periods between March and August.
- Communications *: Write stories to be used in SIB Blogs, Tidelines and The Seabrooker. Update Facebook posts, Instagram and Twitter. Share photographs with our members of activities and birds you see.
- Shorebird Steward: The steward program needs volunteers two-hour shifts to help educate people about the importance of our tiny piece of the world to the shorebirds that visit. This is not an enforcement effort, but an educational effort.
- Hospitality: Set up chairs and tables prior to meeting, register members and guests, provide and set up refreshments and clean up after each of the SIB events.
- Membership: Recruit and retain members.
- Programs & Speakers *: Plan & coordinate SIB Quarterly Programs for membership.
- Executive Committee *: Join the SIB board to assist with the overall strategy for our organization, take a role as President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, lead and/or participate on committees. Committee meets via Zoom for no more than 1.5 hours every month.