Meet new and “old” friends while learning about the birds of our island and South Carolina by joining us on a bird walk. Walks are generally 1 1/2 – 3 hours in length with various degrees of walking. In some cases, we bird by driving our cars and stopping (like on Jenkins Point and Bear Island WMA). In other cases, we use golf carts on the golf course so it is accessible for all.
Always remember to bring water, sunscreen, bug repellent, hat and if you have them binoculars and/or a camera.
To learn more about each activity and to register, click on the links below :
- Monday January 27, 2020 at 9:00-11:30 am
Learning Together at Crooked Oaks
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 4:15-6:15
Movie Matinee-Fly Away Home
- Tuesday February 4, 2020 at 7:00-3:00 pm
Beyond our Backyard-Santee Coastal Reserve
- Friday February 14, 2020 at 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Valentine Backyard Birding
- Sunday, February 16,2020 at 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
2020 Great Backyard Bird Count (4 Locations)
- Monday February 17, 2020 at 9:00 – 11:30 am
2020 Great Backyard Bird Count – Ocean Winds
- Thursday February 27, 2020 at 3:00 – 4:30 pm
Conservation Matters: Shorebirds, The World’s Greatest Travelers
- Saturday February 29, 2020 at 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
Beyond our Backyard – SIB Trip to Bear Island/Donnelly WMA
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 4:30 – 6:30 pm
SIB Movie Matinee Double Feature: “Crash: A Tale of Two Species” and “Birds of May”
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Youth Birding at Palmetto Lake
- Monday, March 23, 2020 at 8:30-11:00 am
Learning Together-Ocean Winds Golf Course
- Saturday April 4, 2020 at 9:00am-11:00(8am alternative start)
Learning Together at Mingo Point
- Monday April 6,2020 8:30am-11:00am
Learning Together-Crooked Oaks Golf Course
- Monday April 6, 2020 4:30-6:30 pm
SIB Movie Matinee: The Legend of Pale Male
Keep watch on this page and our Calendar as we continue to add activities for our members!
Also, join our SIB Google Group to receive an email about short-notice bird walks and interesting bird sightings!
If you are not yet a SIB member, you must first become a member by following the instructions here.