Meet new and “old” friends while learning about the birds of our island and South Carolina by joining us on a bird walk. Walks are generally 1 1/2 – 3 hours in length with various degrees of walking. In some cases, we bird by driving our cars and stopping (like on Jenkins Point and Bear Island WMA). In other cases, we use golf carts on the golf course so it is accessible for all.
Always remember to bring water, sunscreen, bug repellent, hat and if you have them binoculars and/or a camera.
To learn more about each activity and to register, click on the links below :
- Monday, April 22, 2019 at 9:00 – 11:00 am
Learning Together on the Golf Course-Ocean Winds
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Movie Matinee: Opposable Chums
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Learning Together at North Beach
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 6:30 – 9:30 am
Backyard Birding at The Haul Over
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 – Global Big Day
Learning Together at Bob Cat Trail 7:00 – 8:30 am
Learning Together on North Beach 8:30 – 11:00 am
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 7:00 – 11:00 am
Beyond our Backyard – Pitt Street Causeway
- Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 9:00 – 11:00 am
Backyard Birding at Fosters Glenn Dr. JI
- Friday, June 7, 2019 at 7:30 am – 12:00 pm
Beyond our Backyard – Bears Bluff Fish Hatchery
- Monday, June 10, 2019 at 9:00 – 11:00 am
Learning Together on Golf Course-Ocean Winds
Keep watch on this page and our Calendar as we continue to add activities for our members!
Also, join our SIB Google Group to receive an email about short-notice bird walks and interesting bird sightings!
If you are not yet a SIB member, you must first become a member by following the instructions here.