Meet new and “old” friends while learning about the birds of our island and South Carolina by joining us on a bird walk. Walks are generally 1 1/2 – 3 hours in length with various degrees of walking. In some cases, we bird by driving our cars and stopping (like on Jenkins Point and Bear Island WMA). In other cases, we use golf carts on the golf course so it is accessible for all.
Always remember to bring water, sunscreen, bug repellent, hat and if you have them binoculars and/or a camera.
To learn more about each activity and to register, click on the links below (coming soon!):
- Saturday September 22 at 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Backyard Birding on Kiawah
- Friday September 28 at 7:15 am – 12:00 pm
Beyond Our Backyard – Bears Bluff Fish Hatchery
- Saturday October 6 at various times throughout day
Global Big Day on Seabrook Island
- Thursday October 11 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Hawk Watch at the Center for Birds of Prey
- Monday October 15 at 9:00 – 10:30 am
Learning Together on Crooked Oaks Golf Course
- Sunday October 21 at 8:00 am – 10:00am
Backyard Birding at Loblolly
- Saturday October 27 at 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
Beyond our Backyard – Birding Bear Island & Donnelley
- Sunday November 4 at 7:00 -9:00 am
Backyard Birding at Wildcat Point
- Monday November 19 at 9:00 – 11:00 am
Learning Together on Ocean Winds Golf Course
- Thursday December 6 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Learning Together at the Water Treatment Plant, Maintenance & Equestrian Center
- Sunday December 9 at 8:00 – 10:00 am
Backyard Birding at the Crab Dock
Keep watch on this page and our Calendar as we continue to add activities for our members!
Also, join our SIB Google Group to receive an email about short-notice bird walks and interesting bird sightings!
All eventIf you are not yet a 2018 SIB member, you must first become a member by following the instructions here.