Meet new and “old” friends while learning about the birds of our island and South Carolina by joining us on a bird walk. Walks are generally 1 1/2 – 3 hours in length with various degrees of walking. In some cases, we bird by driving our cars and stopping (like on Jenkins Point and Bear Island WMA). In other cases, we use golf carts on the golf course so it is accessible for all.
Always remember to bring water, sunscreen, bug repellent, hat and if you have them binoculars and/or a camera.
To learn more about each activity and to register, click on the links below:
Winter & Spring 2018
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM – Off Island trip to Bear Island WMA
Sunday February 18, 2018: Great Backyard Bird Count
– Equestrian Center / Maintenance Area – 8:00 AM
– North Beach – (High Tide 9:46am) – 10:00 AM
– Palmetto Lake – 2:00 PM
– Jenkin’s Point – 3:30 PM
Monday February 19, 2018: Great Backyard Bird Count on the Golf Course
– Golf Course – 9:00 AM
Save the Dates:
- March TBD: Freshfields
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Backyard Birding on Deer Point
- Thursday, March 22, 2018, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Spring Migration at Camp St. Christopher
- Saturday, April 7, 2018, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Backyard Birding Overlooking Capn Sam’s Inlet
- April TBD: Learning Together on North Beach in search of Red Knots
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 4 PM – 6 PM: Earth Day– Learning Together at Palmetto Lake and Equestrian Center
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 (Time TBD): Bio Blitz – – Camp St. Christopher event
- Saturday May 12, 2018 (Time TBD): Global Big Day – Learning Together Jenkins Point
Keep watch on this page and our Calendar as we continue to add activities for our members!
If you are not yet a 2018 SIB member, you must first become a member by following the instructions here.