Meet new and “old” friends while learning about the birds of our island and South Carolina by joining us on a bird walk. Walks are generally 1 1/2 – 3 hours in length with various degrees of walking. In some cases, we bird by driving our cars and stopping (like on Jenkins Point and Bear Island WMA). In other cases, we use golf carts on the golf course so it is accessible for all.
Always remember to bring water, sunscreen, bug repellent, hat and if you have them binoculars and/or a camera.
To learn more about each activity and to register, click on the links below :
- Saturday October 19, 2019 at 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
October Big Day
- Monday October 21, 2019 at 4:30 – 6:30 pm
SIB Movie Matinee: The Birds
- Saturday October 26, 2019 at 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
Beyond our Backyard – SIB Trip to Bear Island/Donnelly WMA
- Monday November 4, 2019 at 9:00 am – 11:30 am
Learning Together on Ocean Winds Golf Course
- Saturday November 16, 2019 at 7:30 am – 2:00 pm
Birding Beyond our Backyard – Bike and Bird the Greenway
- Friday November 22, 2019 at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Learning Together at Kiawah River Development
- Monday November 25, 2019 at 4:30 – 6:30 pm
SIB Movie Matinee: Birders: The Central Park Effect & Birders
- Monday December 2, 2019 at 9:00 am – 11:30 am
Learning Together on Crooked Oaks Golf Course
- Sunday December 15, 2019 at 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Learning Together at Maintenance and Water Treatment Facility
- Monday December 16, 2019 at 4:30 – 6:30 pm
SIB Movie Matinee: Counting on Birds & Bird Tales
Keep watch on this page and our Calendar as we continue to add activities for our members!
Also, join our SIB Google Group to receive an email about short-notice bird walks and interesting bird sightings!
If you are not yet a SIB member, you must first become a member by following the instructions here.