Meet new and “old” friends while learning about the birds of our island and South Carolina by joining us on a bird walk. Walks are generally 1 1/2 – 3 hours in length with various degrees of walking. In some cases, we bird by driving our cars and stopping (like on Jenkins Point and Bear Island WMA). In other cases, we use golf carts on the golf course so it is accessible for all.
Always remember to bring water, sunscreen, bug repellent, hat and if you have them binoculars and/or a camera.
To learn more about each activity and to register, click on the links below (coming soon!):
- Tuesday January 22 at 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Join us to watch “The Big Year”
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 9:00-11:00 am Learning Together at Maintenance Area
- Friday, February 1, 2019 at 8:00 am-11:00 am
Learning Together: Search for Shorebirds on North Beach
- Monday, February 18, 2019 Learning Together on Ocean Winds Course (GBBC)
- Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 6:00am-6:00pm
- Monday, March 18, 2019 Learning Together on the Golf Course (SIB Birding on Crooked Oaks Golf Course)
Keep watch on this page and our Calendar as we continue to add activities for our members!
Also, join our SIB Google Group to receive an email about short-notice bird walks and interesting bird sightings!
If you are not yet a 2018 SIB member, you must first become a member by following the instructions here.