The Seabrook Island Birders Shorebird Stewards and the Kiawah Shorebird Stewards have worked together to share educational opportunities. Spring 2022, Bette Popillo, Kiawah Shorebird Steward Program Coordinator, arranged a wonderful set of talks given by four prominent biologists who work with shorebirds and seabirds.
We have collected the links to those talks on a Shorebird Video page on the Seabrook Island Birders web site. This provides a single reference for stewards (and others) to bookmark and review the valuable information that was presented. We’ve also included the artistry of Pam Cohen, a Kiawah photographer who has fallen in love with Red Knots and Bob Mercer’s “Shorebird Identification” presentation.
The five links on this new page are:
- Abby Sterling, PhD: “Busy Beaches after Red Knots: Supporting Our Nesting Shorebirds”
- Nolan Schillerstrom: “ The Sassy Seabird:Least Terns”
- Fletcher Smith, “Red Knot Research in the Southeast”
- Janet Thibault, “Black Skimmers: Creatures of Edges”
- Pam Cohen, “Red Knots: A Story of Migration and Survival”
- Bob Mercer: “Shorebird Identification on Seabrook Island”