The Eastern Bluebirds have started to build their nests! Monday morning, four different SIB members reported seeing nesting material being taken into boxes. Susanne Brown’s box with a camera has captured the work in progress. Expect a blog later showing a chronological series of pictures from her box.
To all Seabrook Island Birders – The Seabrook Island Bluebird Society is looking for volunteers to assist with the inventory of Bluebird Nesting Boxes for the 2022 Season. Please read the note below from coordinator Melanie Jerome and contact her if you are interested to support this initiative. There are still two team spots available June 25 to August session.
It`s that time again to schedule our volunteers for the upcoming season. Volunteers Val and Pat Luzadder have volunteered to do the maintenance on all the boxes this winter and they are continuing on the project.
A refresher on volunteers’ responsibilities:
- commitment is once a week to check your route rain or shine. Try to stay on the same day, give or take a day.
- document everything you see at the boxes, for example egg colors are important and predation, etc.
- fill free to take pictures of issues you see when you’re reporting.
- contact me with any issues via text 614-570-3951
- Once the schedule is set, I will have buckets ready for monitoring. My front porch pickup and drop off worked really good last year for me.
Seabrook Island Bluebird Society