As you may know, Seabrook Island Birders (SIB) are residents, renters and guests of Seabrook Island, SC, who have an interest in learning, watching, and protecting the incredible variety of birds and habitats that are on our beautiful island. Our organization is in its 6th year of operation and we now have more than 300 members who are enjoying our activities, programs and communications.
Whether you’ve been a long time SIB member or are new to Seabrook and the birds we enjoy, we are looking for volunteers.
We need people with a variety of skills who have as little or as much time to assist us. Here are some ideas:
- Do you like to write and/or research? We are looking for people to help with our blogs and articles.
- Are you a photographer? We always need great photos and short descriptions to share with our members.
- Do you enjoy planning, organizing and/or working with spreadsheets? We have “behind the scenes” work that needs to be done so we can offer all our events.
- Are you interested to learn about websites and blogs? It’s easy whether you are interested in developing new skills or can teach us a few things.
- Want to share your knowledge about birds? We are always looking for people to help lead our walks and events both on and off island.
Whatever your talent and/or interest is, and no matter how much time you have to give, we can certainly find a position for you to help our group! The committees most in need of volunteers are:
- Activities Committee: Plan & coordinate workshops, bird walks and bird count activities for members.
- Communications Committee: Write stories to be used in SIB Blogs, Tidelines and The Seabrooker. Update Facebook posts and Twitter.
- Program Committee: Plan & coordinate SIB Quarterly Programs for membership.
- Executive Committee: Join the SIB board to assist with the overall strategy for our organization, take a role as President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, lead and/or participate on committees.
Click here to fill out the form and within a few days one of our SIB Executive Committee members will contact you to discuss your interest – it’s that easy!