A new year starts with a review of the prior year. That presentation is now available on our web page.
On January 30, Ed and Aija Konrad amazed the 68 attendees of our first evening event of the year with their “Tales of a Big Year.” A separate post will provide a more complete recap of that enjoyable evening. Prior to the presentation, the organization approved the 2019 Executive Committee and Officers.
- Seabrook Island Birders participated in the Christmas Bird Count on a foggy January 4. More information can be found in our previous post or on our web page.
- A “walk” down Jenkins Point on January 17 saw a dozen Roseate Spoonbills roosting over the lagoon. The same area showed 22 Black-crowned Night-Heron. 29 additional species were also seen or heard. A great start for the year
- Also on January 17, a dozen SIB members learned more on how to use eBird to enter their sightings or find where to locate specific birds.
- On January 22, a different type of activity was enjoyed…a movie matinee. Thirteen members met at the Lakehouse to watch “The Big Year.”
- The mist and drizzle on January 24 didn’t stop eight members from exploring the area around the club maintenance area and the water treatment facility. A total of 41 species were observed that morning.
Check out our Activity Page to view and sign-up for our upcoming events.